Make an Appointment
Most units within Columbia Health offer appointments to facilitate access to our services and resources. Please review the unit-specific details below to schedule appointments.
Urgent or Immediate Support, Available 24/7
- Counseling & Psychological Services, 212-854-2878
- Medical Services, 212-854-7426
- Sexual Violence Response, 212-854-HELP (4357)
- Call Public Safety at 212-854-5555 if you are on or near campus
- Dial 911 if you are off campus
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an Appointment
- Online at secure.health.columbia.edu
- By phone at 212-854-7426
- In person at John Jay Hall, 3rd Floor Information Desk
Our goal is to make most appointments available on the same day. In some situations it may be more appropriate to make appointments a day or more in advance.
- Many appointments with a registered nurse can be handled on a walk-in basis, but we strongly encourage you to contact Medical Services at 212-854-7426 in advance to ensure we can accommodate your schedule.
- Walk-in appointments are available for students who need vaccines, tuberculosis skin tests, or pregnancy screenings.
- For allergy injections, contact Medical Services to schedule an appointment with a registered nurse for an initial assessment. Subsequent visits will be scheduled in advance for you after your initial visit.
- Tobacco cessation appointments with an RN are walk-ins. You can also schedule an appointment on-line with a tobacco cessation counselor.
- Travel Medicine: Call 212-854-7426 for an initial telephone screen with a registered nurse. Arrangements will then be made for a follow-up, where you will come to Medical Services for vaccination.
Whether you are registered with Disability Services or considering it, we welcome you to meet with a staff member. Contact us at 212-854-2388 to schedule an appointment with a coordinator, learning specialist, or assistive technology specialist.
You do not need an appointment to pick up or submit disability forms. All forms are located in the Resource Library.
Prospective students and others visiting campus should contact Disability Services to arrange accommodations for your visit or to schedule an appointment to meet with a staff member to learn more about our services.
If you’re already registered with Disability Services
Contact your coordinator directly with questions or concerns. If your coordinator is unavailable and the matter is urgent, you can attend drop-in hours. Call us at 212-854-2388 or email email@example.com.
Not registered with Disability Services?
You can still take make an appointment to talk with us:
- To learn more about how to register
- To discuss the services and accommodations we offer
- If you suspect you have a disability
- If you were referred to us
Call us at 212-854-2388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alice! staff are available to talk with students about their health questions and how to access on- and off-campus resources. Alice! respects and protects the privacy of all conversations.*
Conversations with us are solution-oriented and not about therapy or giving advice. Examples of conversations include:
- Understanding the range of birth control options
- Accessing resources for coping with stress
- Concerns regarding a friend’s alcohol or other drug use
- Strategies to improve sleep quality
- Strategies to improve time management
- Understanding a new medical diagnosis
Appointments are generally available between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Earlier and later appointment times may be available on a case-by-case basis.
Call 212-854-5453 or visit during drop-in hours.
To make an appointment with one of our health insurance specialists, please call 212-854-3286.