About Columbia Health
Columbia Health advances the well-being of the Columbia University community and the personal and academic development of students.
Columbia Health envisions delivering integrated, accessible, quality services and community programs to cultivate the best possible and enduring outcomes while living, working, and learning.
- Respect, Compassion, and Inclusiveness
- Integrity, Accountability, and Trust
- Teamwork, Collaboration, and Integration
- Quality, Assessment, and Excellence
Columbia Health is part of the Facilities and Operations division on the Morningside campus and provides services to the Morningside schools (including affiliates) with select services also provided on the Medical Center campus. Our team has more than 150 individuals, including medical providers, therapists, psychiatrists, disability specialists, health promotion specialists, nutritionists, peer counselors, support staff, and administrative professionals.
Led by Associate Vice President and Medical Director Melanie Bernitz, MD, MPH, Columbia Health senior staff oversee the following areas:
- Administration, led by Michael McNeil, EdD
- Alice! Health Promotion, led by Raphael Coleman, MPH
- Counseling and Psychological Services, led by Richard Eichler, PhD
- Disability Services, led by Colleen Lewis, MS
- Medical Services, led by Brenda Aiken, MD
- Sexual Violence Response, led by La’Shawn Rivera, MA
Columbia Health is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). All Columbia Health providers are credentialed in accordance with state and federal mandates, as well as AAAHC requirements.