Women's care is provided by excellent Medical Services primary care providers, all of whom are experienced in women’s health, and are considerate of the sensitive nature of the visit. Our providers are attuned to the sexual, psychosocial, gynecologic, and body image issues that are part of providing comprehensive women’s health care.
Depending on the women’s health issue or service needs, students will be directed to schedule an appointment with their PCP, or their team's Registered Nurse.
Some specific on-campus services are:
- Well-woman examinations
- Birth control
- Pregnancy evaluations
- Emergency Contraception
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Counseling for elective termination of pregnancy
- Testing and treatment for STIs
- Management of gynecologic problems
- IUD Insertion and Contraceptive injections (i.e., Depo-Provera)
Pre-natal care is provided off-campus and covered by the Columbia Student Medical Insurance plan. If you are enrolled in the Columbia Plan.