Saul B. Gomez
Dr. Saul Gomez joined Columbia Health in 2015. Prior to Columbia, he was an attending psychologist at Montefiore Medical Center, where he worked primarily with couples experiencing relationship distress. He has also worked in the New York Veterans Administration system conducting health psychology research with military veterans.
Saul earned his BS at the University of Michigan, and his MS and PsyD at Long Island University–C.W. Post. He completed his doctoral internship at Elmhurst Hospital Center. During his training, Saul worked in Long Island University’s Psychological Services Center, Bellevue Hospital Center’s Bilingual Treatment Program, and Queens Hospital Center.
His professional interests include evidence-based interventions for depression and anxiety, eating disorders, OCD, and trauma and anxiety-related disorders. Saul is also interested in the treatment of relationship issues, acculturation and immigration, and social justice as it pertains to mental health.
- PsyD, Long Island University–CW Post
- MS, Long Island University–CW Post
- BS, University of Michigan
Certifications and Licensure:
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State of New York
- Montefiore Medical Center, University Behavioral Associates
- VA NY Harbor Healthcare System
- Psychologists for Social Responsibility
- American Psychological Association