Dr. Robert Bernales joined Columbia Health in 2020. He is a board-certified physician specializing in primary care and preventive medicine and is also trained in osteopathic manipulative medicine. Prior to Columbia Health, Dr. Bernales practiced as an attending physician with the Long Island FQHC in several locations throughout Nassau County, New York. He completed his residency training at Nassau University Medical Center, a Northwell Health affiliate.
After working in public health and pharmaceutical market research, Dr. Bernales turned his attention to a career in medicine. He received his medical degree from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, a master's degree in public health from Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, and his undergraduate degree from the Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Bernales is a native of Syracuse, New York and an alumnus of Christian Brothers Academy. In his spare time he enjoys family, travel, and community service.
- DO, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MPH, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- BA, Johns Hopkins University
Certifications & Licensure
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Board Certified in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certified
Relevant Professional Medical Experience
- Attending physician, Long Island FQHC, Inc.
- Urgent care physician, Belmont Park Backstretch Clinic
- Clinical preceptor, Elmont Family Health Center
- Staff physician, Philippine Medical Association of Hawaii Mission to Payatas and Illocos Sur, Philippines
- Diplomate, American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
- Hawaii Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons