Mimi Mendes de Leon joined Columbia Health in 2016. In her current role as Accommodations Manager at Disability Services (DS), Mimi does the following:
- Serves on Testing team
- Provides specialized oversight of exam accommodations for undergraduate students
- Manages weekly exam schedule at Disability Services
- Coordinates exam accommodations and proctoring arrangements for undergraduate and graduate students eligible for testing accommodations
- Works closely with faculty and academic departments to coordinate proctoring of undergraduate exams; liaises with faculty to clarify any questions regarding testing procedures and proctoring specifications
- Recruits, trains and supervises student staff, including exam proctors and graduate assistants
Mimi grew up in Illinois and moved to New York to pursue graduate studies. She enjoys reading, hiking and cooking with friends.