Laura Dayan joined Columbia Health in 2013. In her current role as associate director of student case management, Laura does the following:
- Serves on Student Case-Management Team and Disability Services leadership team
- Evaluates and interprets disability documentation to determine eligibility for accommodations and services
- Serves as coordinator/case manager for a small cohort of students with disabilities
- Support students in resolving disability-related issues that may be a barrier to accessing programs
- Liaises with other departments within Columbia Health as well as academic advising deans, global programs, graduate and professional programs, libraries, and other administrators to implement accommodations
- Supports faculty and administrators regarding strategies for meeting the unique needs of each of each individual student as well as implementing and coordinating accommodations
In her free time, Laura enjoys cheering for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Steelers, watching Broadway shows, and cooking new recipes.