Carissa joined Columbia Health in 2021. She has worked for 8 years as a nurse, starting at a comprehensive ambulatory care center, followed by a clinical nurse position at Montefiore in Maternal Child Health and Pediatrics.
Before beginning her career as a nurse, she spent over a decade as a New York State EMT, an EMT volunteer in Honduras and Guatemala and a public health aide in Rockland County.
- BSN, Columbia University School of Nursing
- BS, Biological Sciences University of California at Santa Barbara
Certifications and Licensure:
- Registered Professional Nurse, New York State, New Jersey, and Connecticut
- Basic Life Support
Community and Volunteer Activities:
- Nyack Community Ambulance Corps
- Hospitalito Atitlan, Guatemala
- Global Medical Brigades
- OB/GYN, Maternal-Child Health, and Pediatrics Montefiore Hospital
- Harlem Health Center