APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, APRIL 20 at 11:59 p.m.
Note: In order to volunteer as a NSOP Consent Educator, you must be a current Columbia or Barnard undergraduate student and complete the Columbia Health Sexual Violence Response (SVR) Consent Educator training. You must be willing to make a two-semester commitment to this program. Additionally, all volunteers must be in good disciplinary and academic standing with their school.
The training sessions are facilitated by SVR staff and professionals who work in the community and at the University. The 2014 NSOP Consent Educator training will be held on Monday, August 25th – Thursday, August 28th.
Consent Educators will learn co-facilitation skills and the specific goals and objectives of the program. They usually work in teams of two, facilitating discussions for first-year students during New Student Orientation. Participants are responsible for their travel and any other fees associated with their early return to campus. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Louisa Versaw: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consent Educators are expected to:
- Return to campus by the early move-in date
- Tentative move-in date: Sunday August 24, 2014
- Participate and complete ALL parts of the Consent Educator training.
- Prepare and facilitate the “Sexual Violence on Campus” presentation for first-year students.
- Commit to:
- Facilitate 2 first year sessions.
- Facilitate at least 2 continuing first year workshops over the course of the academic year.
- Attend up to 2 meetings per semester.
- Attend additional training with Sexual Violence Response.
- Attend 1 awareness event related to issues of sexual violence per semester.
Consent Educators will:
- Commit to volunteering with SVR for two semesters.
- Receive valuable facilitation training and experience.
- Have an opportunity to share critical information about sexual violence and campus resources.
If you are interested in serving as a 2014 NSOP Consent Educator for Columbia Health Sexual Violence Response, please complete this application in its entirety and submit before the deadline. We will review your application and invite selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
By submitting this application, you are providing permission for Columbia Health Sexual Violence Response staff to verify that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing with your institution.