- Counseling and Psychological Services
Eugenia Cherkasskaya joined Columbia Health in 2014. Prior to Columbia, she completed a clinical psychology internship at Beth Israel Mount Sinai, and a clinical psychology externship at Bronx State Psychiatric Center. She also worked as a clinical fellow in college mental health at the CUNY College of Staten Island. She received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the CUNY Graduate Center.
Eugenia's professional interests include sexual health and women's sexuality, couples therapy, relationship and identity difficulties, developmental issues specific to emerging adulthood, and trauma.
Degrees and Education:
- Ph.D., CUNY Graduate Center
- M.A., CUNY Hunter College
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University
- Intern, Beth Israel Mount Sinai
- Extern, Bronx State Psychiatric Center
- Clinical Fellow, College of Staten Island
- Therapist, The Psychological Center
- Teaching Fellow, City College/CUNY
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
- Cherkasskaya, E., & Wachtel, P.L. (2013). Psykoterapi integrasjon: Historie ognavaerende status [Psychotherapy Integration: History and Current Status]. In: E. Axelsen Dalsgaard, K. Benum, & E. Hartmann, Hva er god psykoterapi? Integrering av teori, klinisk erfaring og forskning i det terapeutiske rom [What characterizes psychotherapy that works? Integration of theory, clinical experience, and research in the therapy room]. Oslo: Pax Forlag.