Coping with COVID-19
Coping with stress, anxiety, and other concerns due to COVID-19
- SAHMSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Resources)
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: Coping and Emotional Well-being Resources
- US Department of Veterans Affairs: Managing Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Manage Anxiety and Stress
- Columbia University Resources
- The University’s COVID-19 website has up-to-date information.
- For questions about testing and contact tracing at Columbia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University Life’s website and app list many Columbia student resources, including contact information for Columbia Health and CUIMC Student Health Service.
- Headspace: Free COVID-19 resources for meditation
- Ten Percent Happier: Free Coronavirus sanity guide with meditation guides, podcasts, and more
- Tara Brach: Free Pandemic Care resources with guided mindfulness exercises
- Greater Good in Action Center: Guide to Well-being During Coronavirus with practices, articles, and resources
Caring for Children
- National Association of School Psychologists: Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19
- New York Public Libraries
- Mindful Schools: Mindfulness Class for Kids, K-5
- Khan Academy: Free educational support and classes for K-12 students
Free Virtual Experiences
- SimplyE: free e-books courtesy of the New York Public Library
- Limit to three books at one time
- Must have a Library card – you can apply on the app
- Free Met Opera Live Stream
- Social Distancing Festival – collection of livestreamed events from artists around the world
- Streaming Broadway Shows
- Google Arts & Culture Platform: virtual tours of museums and national parks
- “Tourist in Your Own Town” video series from New York Landmarks Conservatory
- NYC Parks virtual tours within the five boroughs
Staying Physically Active
- American College of Sports Medicine: Staying active during Coronavirus pandemic resources
- World Health Organization (WHO): Be active during COVID-19
- CDC: Visiting Parks and Recreational Facilities – Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19
- Columbia University Physical Education & Recreation: Offering free Zoom based classes this semester for students, on a weekly schedule.
- These otherwise membership or subscription-based programs are providing free workout programs:
- You may also find many free workouts on Youtube, such as Yoga with Adrienne or POPSUGAR Fitness.
Food Safety and Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Getting groceries during quarantine
- American Society for Nutrition: Making Nutrition and Health a Priority During the Coronavirus Pandemic (information about grocery shopping and eating out)
- US Department of Agriculture
- NYC.gov: Covid-19 Food Assistance Resources