Alice! Health Promotion Meal Planner
Planning your meals in advance can save you money at the grocery store, reduce stress around weekly meal-planning, and help you eat more nutritious, well-balanced meals! Try out this meal planner to help you prepare for the upcoming week. Use the check boxes below (that correspond to key food groups) to make sure your plan is balanced and includes items from all of the food groups.
Tips for building balanced meals
Focus on making nutritious food and beverage choices from all food groups!
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- For grains, focus on incorporating whole grains.
- To make sure you’re getting a variety of nutrients in your diet, check out the Alice! Health Promotion Guide to Micronutrients for some additional food ideas.
- Consider trying low-fat and fat-free dairy. You can also check out the Alice! Health Promotion Guide to Grocery Shopping for some dairy-free options.
- Plan your meals based on your recommended amounts of calories. You can calculate your recommended calorie intake using ChooseMyPlate’s My Plate Checklist Calculator.