Ruth Polanco joined Columbia Health in 1995. Prior to joining Columbia, Ruth was the assistant training coordinator at Atlantic Bank of New York, where she coordinated and provided customer service, effective management, conflict resolution, teller and computer trainings. As an administrative coordinator at Alice!, Ruth manages day-to-day operations and supervises the outreach coordinators student staff. She is originally from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and has lived in New York City since her early teens, considering herself a New Yorker at heart. Ruth's interests include dancing salsa, playing volleyball, reading and enjoying the city.
Raphael Coleman joined Columbia Health in 2017. Prior to joining Columbia Health, Raphael led the community well-being team within the Office of Health Promotion at Emory University. Additionally, his professional background in higher education includes experience with residence life, student conduct, and sorority and fraternity life.
As a college health professional, Raphael works to advocate for healthy behaviors, mitigate barriers to access, and build capacity for resilience in individuals and communities. To this end, his professional and academic work involves disrupting systems that negatively impact historically minoritized student populations in an effort to co-create environments that affirm students in all of their identities, facilitate their well-being, and enable their success. When not at work he enjoys brunching, visiting family and friends, karaoke, cooking, and taking advantage of the many happenings in New York City.
- PhD, Counseling and Student Personnel Services, University of Georgia, College of Education (Expected Graduation August 2018)
- MPH, Behavioral Science and Health Education, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health
- BS, Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Emory University, College of Arts and Sciences
Certifications and Licensure:
- Certified Peer Educator Training Facilitator
- HIV Pre/Post Test Counseling Certification
- Associate Director for Community Well-being, Emory University
- Assistant Director for Prevention Strategies, Emory University
- Interim Director of Residence Life and Housing Operations, Oglethorpe University
- Residence Hall Director, Emory University
- Sanchez, T. H., Kelley, C. F., Rosenberg, E., Luisi, N., O'Hara, B., Lambert, R., Coleman, R., Frew, P., Salazar, L. F., Tao, S., Clarke, W., del Rio, C., Sullivan, P. S. (2014). Lack of awareness of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection: Problems and solutions with self-reported HIV serostatus of men who have sex with men. Open Forum Infect Dis; 1(2): ofu084. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofu08
- Means, D. R. & Coleman, R. D. (in press). An anti-deficit perspective to understanding an African American male college student’s pursuit of a career in computer science
Awards and Honors:
- American College Health Association 2017 New Professional Affiliate Award for Southern College Health Association
- ACPA: College Educators International
- American College Health Association
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
Padma Entsuah joined Alice! Health Promotion as a health promotion specialist in June 2015. Prior to her position at Alice!, she served as the interpersonal violence prevention coordinator at Bucknell University, overseeing the sexual violence prevention efforts and coordinating a peer education group. At Alice!, Padma oversees initiatives for stress management, physical activity, nutrition, and relationships.
Originally from Maryland, Padma has lived throughout the East Coast. In her free time, she enjoys watching television, spending time with friends, and exploring all the exciting opportunities New York City has to offer.
Katie Wilkinson joined Alice! Health Promotion as a health promotion specialist in February 2014. Her work in public health has focused primarily on the college population. Prior to joining Alice!, she was a sexual health education coordinator at Purdue University and coordinator of educational services at Penn State University. she currently oversees some of the administrative operations for the Go Ask Alice! website along with other priority projects.
Katie is originally from southern Indiana. While she is a Midwesterner at heart, she takes advantage of all the fantastic things New York City has to offer. In her free time, she enjoys crafting, cooking, baking, reading, finding her next favorite restaurant and all things comedy-related. She is also a human companion to a cat named Harry and another human named Matt.
Jaclyn joined the Alice! Health Promotion team as a Health Promotion Specialist in 2018. Jaclyn’s professional background spans over several functional areas in higher education and student affairs. Some of those experiences focus on social justice education, mental health, residence life, and leadership development. In addition, Jaclyn has served as an instructor for both undergraduate and graduate populations. At Alice!, Jaclyn oversees initiatives for mental health and well-being, and alcohol and other drugs (AOD).
Jaclyn grew up in the Golden State, California, and is excited to support student health and well-being through an intersectional lens. When not at work, Jaclyn enjoys spending time with her fur-child, Captain, and being out and about exploring all that the community has to offer!
Gina joined the Alice! Health Promotion team as a health promotion specialist in 2017. Prior to joining Alice!, Gina worked with the digital health clinic Maven, designing and implementing outreach strategies for Maven Maternity. Additionally, her experiences as a teaching assistant and program facilitator allowed her to work with students ranging in age from fourth grade to the graduate level. At Alice!, Gina oversees the day-to-day operations of the Go Ask Alice! website, Alice!’s social media presence and other priority projects.
Gina is originally from northwest New Jersey. In her spare time, Gina can often be found reading, seeing musicals, spending time with friends, playing board games or wandering around bookstores.
Alice! Health Promotion Directory
Profiles, showing -