Wendy S. Greenspun
- Counseling and Psychological Services
Dr. Wendy Greenspun joined Columbia Health in 1995. Prior to Columbia, Wendy created and directed the Family Therapy Unit at New York Foundling Hospital. Early in her career she was a clinical associate at the Ackerman Institute for the Family. She also had a faculty appointment at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where she taught and supervised family therapy.
She earned her B.A. at the University of Colorado at Boulder and her Ph.D. at Adelphi University's Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies. She completed her internship in clinical psychology at Bronx Psychiatric Center, and went on to do further advanced training at the Ackerman Institute for the Family and completed psychoanalytic training at the Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis.
Wendy's professional interests include couples therapy, the integration of psychoanalytic and family systems theories, helping individuals cope with a family member who has a severe psychiatric illness, spirituality, mindfulness meditation, coping with pain and medical illness, and trauma experiences in couples and families. In addition to her work at Columbia, she is also on the faculty of the Postgraduate Program in Marriage and Couples Therapy at the Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies at Adelphi University and the Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis. She has published in the fields of couple and family therapy, as well as psychoanalysis.
- Ph.D., Adelphi University
- B.A., University of Colorado Boulder
Certifications and Licensure:
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State of New York
- New York Foundling Hospital
- Ackerman Institute for the Family
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Adelphi University
- Manhattan Institute for Psychoanalysis
- Division of Psychoanalysis, American Psychological Association
- New York State Psychological Association
- International Association of Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy