Sexual HealthSexually Transmitted Infections
- Discuss STI symptoms, transmission, and treatment
- Identify ways to reduce the risk of STI transmission and unplanned pregnancy
- Develop skills to talk with partner(s) about prevention strategies
- Identify appropriate on- and off-campus resources for safer sex
Safer sex information and free condoms are available to students through Alice!
Medical Services provides comprehensive care for routine, urgent, and chronic medical needs for students. Medical Services also provides sexual health, reproductive, and gynecological services, LGBTQ health care, immunizations, and referrals. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please go to the Appointments section.
Gay Health Advocacy Project (GHAP)promotes the health of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community by providing information, advocacy, referrals, confidential HIV testing, counseling, treatment, and support to the entire University community. For more information visit the Gay Health Advocacy Project.
Special Services for Women
High quality, individualized women’s care is provided by our staff of excellent primary care providers, all of whom are experienced in women's health and considerate of the sensitive nature of the visit. Our providers are attuned to the sexual, psychosocial, gynecologic, and body image issues that are part of providing comprehensive women’s health care. Some of the specific services provided are:
- well-woman examinations
- birth control
- emergency contraception
- pregnancy evaluations
- pregnancy options counseling
- referral for prenatal care
- referral for elective termination (abortion)
- testing and treatment for STIs
- management of gynecologic problems
- What You Should Know About Oral Sex - CDC
- Gay Men's Health Crisis
- Information About HIV Disease and Its Treatment
- Terrence Higgins Trust
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
- Talk About Sex Brochure - Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States
- Sexually Transmitted Infections - CDC
- STI Online