Join our team! Be a valuable part of Columbia Health's programs, services and initiatives.
We have opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and work study students.
Alice! Student Outreach Coordinator
Assists with the production and coordination of health promotion programs.
Spend 70-80% of scheduled work hours per week out of the office interacting with a broad range of students, engaging in brief conversations regarding health, and providing resources to members of the campus community.
Minimum qualifications include: detail-oriented with strong organizational follow-up, and customer service skills. Outgoing students able to easily talk with others desired. Interest in working with health-related content. Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects. Familiarity with health-related programs and Columbia University — Morningside Campus is preferred.
The selected student must be available 10 hours per week, primarily between 9am and 5pm M-F. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Alice! via email at email@example.com or fax at 212 854 8949.
Health Promotion Assistant (Go Ask Alice! & Social Media)
Alice! Health Promotion currently has an opening for a paid graduate student position — the selected candidate will assist with website user testing and the production of Go Ask Alice!, Columbia University’s health Q&A internet resource. The selected candidate will also help with the the day-to-day management of Alice!’s social media presence.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the production of Go Ask Alice!, Columbia University’s health Q&A internet resource, including reading, researching, writing, editing, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with website user and functionality testing for Go Ask Alice!.
- Assist with monitoring, updating, and planning for Alice! social media profiles as assigned.
- Perform basic clerical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in health education, health communication, psychology, social work, or other closely related field.
- Enrollment of half-time or greater in a graduate program at Columbia University or affiliates.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational, follow-up, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects.
- Strong computer, editing, and project management skills.
- An ability and desire to learn new technology.
- Familiarity with social media and message development.
- Experience working with college-aged populations preferred.
Approximately 18-20 hours per week. Must be able to work majority of (if not all) work hours at the Alice! Health Promotion office on the Morningside campus.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alice! Health Promotion is part of Columbia Health at Columbia University.
Administrative Intern - Sexual Violence Response
Position Title: Administrative Intern, Sexual Violence Response & Rape Crisis/Anti-Violence Support Center (SVR)
Schedule: Flexible 15-20 hours/week Monday-Friday during business hours of operation 9:00am-6:00pm (Lerner Hall) or 9:00am – 5:00pm (Bard Hall at CUMC)
Start Date: Summer/Fall of 2017
Location: Sexual Violence Response (Morningside Campus OR Columbia Medical Center)
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Administrative Interns provide office coverage and support with administrative tasks and special projects. Interns respond to student walk-ins and phone calls and direct individuals to the appropriate resources. Mandatory crisis response training is required.
- Direct students seeking services to appropriate staff and resources
- Answer the main office line to direct callers to appropriate resources
- Refer employees and students interested in learning more about SVR to the appropriate staff member
- Assist with administrative tasks and projects as assigned
- Plan and assist with awareness events and other SVR relate events throughout the year
- Maintain confidentiality to the level of SVR protocol (including written and printed materials)
- Adhere to SVR and Columbia Health policies, procedures and protocols
- Current graduate student at Columbia University in good judicial and academic standing
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to follow through with assigned tasks and commitments
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong understanding of sexual violence and relationship violence (preferred)
- Ability to work well in a high-stress environment and comfortable interacting with students in crisis
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a commitment to social justice practice
Email cover letter, resume, preferred work location (Lerner Hall or CUMC) and anticipated availability to:
- Ashley Delphia (SVR Manager of Operations) at email@example.com
- Karina Cruz (CUMC, Assistant Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting an application for this position, you grant SVR permission to perform a judicial and academic standing check with your school/institution. Positions are open until filled.
Download a PDF of this job posting
Go Ask Alice! Information Specialist
Alice! is now actively recruiting for an Information Specialist to gather facts, resources, and the latest research findings for the Go Ask Alice! health Q&A Internet resource. Minimum qualifications include: strong research, along with written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate complex concepts into everyday language, familiarity with health and science and ability to work with sensitive health-related content is preferred. Must be able to work in both independent and team-oriented settings. Role may also include clerical work and customer service as needed.
The selected student must be available to work 10 hours per week in the Alice! Health Promotion office, between 9am and 5pm M-F. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email at email@example.com.