Stress is a pervasive health concern impacting academics, as well as the physical and emotional health of college students. To address this issue and help promote healthy coping strategies, Columbia Health works with students, faculty and staff to develop key initiatives designed to support members of the campus community.
Our research has found that most Columbia students utilize the following positive coping strategies:
- Physical activity
- Prioritizing and organizing schedule
- Listening to music
- Spending time with friends
If you would like to speak to someone about managing stress, Columbia students can:
- Schedule an appointment with Counseling and Psychological Services by calling (212) 854-2878 or visiting a Drop-in Counseling Office
- Schedule an appointment with a health care provider at Medical Services online or call (212) 854-7426, or
- Contact an Alice! Health Promotion staff member by calling (212) 854-5453.