Same Day Medical Appointments
In order to ensure fast access for all medical appointments, Columbia Health will continue the Same Day scheduling model. The appointment process for Counseling and Psychological Services will not change.
- Easier access to Same Day appointments on an 18 hour rolling window.
- In most cases, this will allow us to see you on the same day. However, it does require some flexibility with your time and the available appointments during a given day.
- The appointment process remains the same via the web portal: http://secure.health.columbia.edu
- Students without a UNI should call 212-854-7426 for an appointment.
Making an appointment in advance:
The goal is to make appointments available on the same day, but you will still be able to make appointments in advance if certain circumstances require you to do so. Women's health appointments, such as IUD placement, should be made in advance.
Vaccinations, Allergy injections, Travel Medicine and appointments with a Registered Nurse:
- We strongly encourage you to contact Medical Services at 212-854-7426 to establish care with a Columbia Health Primary Care Provider (PCP) and to ensure we can accommodate your schedule before receiving vaccines.
- Appointments with a Registered Nurse can be handled on a walk-in basis once you establish care with a Columbia Health Primary Care Provider. These services include:
- Vaccines and PPD
- Tobacco Cessation
- MMR and Influenza vaccines: walk-in and we will see you
- Pregnancy screen: walk-in and we will see you.
- Travel Medicine: contact medical services to have an initial telephone screen with a Registered Nurse. A follow up appointment will then be made for you to return to medical services for the injections.
- Allergy injections: contact medical services if this will be your first allergy visit and we will schedule an appointment with a Registered Nurse for an initial assessment. All following visits will be scheduled in advance for you after your initial visit.
For urgent or immediate assistance:
- During clinic hours, call 212-854-7426 or walk in to see a nurse for triage.
- After-hours, weekends or University holidays, please call 212-854-7426.
- If you have difficulty contacting us during after-hours or University holidays at 212-854-7426, please call our after-hours triage specialist at 855-779-7132.
- Call Public Safety at 212-854-5555 if you are on or near campus or dial 911 if you are off campus.