Healthcare Reform Update
Student health insurance and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Columbia Student Medical Insurance Plan
(administered by Aetna Student Health)
- Enrollment (Including deadlines, coverage periods, and how to enroll/upgrade)
- Cost of the Columbia Plan: Student rates for the Basic and Comprehensive Levels
- Plan IDs
- What’s Covered?
- Increase the plan maximum in the Basic level
- Increases to the Prescription Drug benefit in the Basic and Comprehensive levels
- Out-of-network deductible added to both the Basic and Comprehensive levels
- Referral requirements changed for services obtained 50 miles or more away from the Morningside campus
- Waiver criteria updated
- Deadlines to request a waiver
- Criteria for a comparable insurance plan
- Examples of life changes to qualify for a waiver request
- Issues to consider if you want to use your own plan
- Why the Columbia Plan may work for you
Insurance-related questions? Check the Insurance FAQ section of this site.
Questions about immunization requirements such as MMR and Meningitis? Please check our immunization requirement section of this site.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.