- Disability Services
Colleen Lewis joined Columbia Health in 2004. In her current role as Director of Disability Services (DS), Colleen does the following:
- Works with students in the Law School and military veterans
- Provides vision and leadership to the design, organization, development, and implementation of services and programs offered through Disability Services
- Co-chairs the Disability Access and Accommodation committee on the Morningside campus, and is an active member of a similar committee on the CUMC campus
- Co-chairs the University Seminar on Disability Studies with Professor Michelle Ballan from the School of Social Work. Focusing on a sociopolitical analysis of disability, the seminar allows for the examination of the social meaning we give to variations that exist in human behavior and appearance, and the role that disability has played, currently plays and can potentially play in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and education.
Colleen enjoys baking—her specialties are cakes and rustic fruit desserts! Colleen is also an avid baseball fan and tries to visit at least one new baseball stadium each season.
- M.S. in Rehabilitation Counseling, University of Illinois
- B.A. in Sociology, University of Illinois