- Medical Services
Dr. Brenda Aiken joined Columbia Health in 2000. Brenda served as a physician before being promoted to director of Medical Services in 2012. She is also an assistant professor of clinical medicine at Columbia University Medical Center. Prior to Columbia, she was an assistant professor of medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, as well as an assistant attending physician at the Allen Pavilion. She has worked closely with the faculty and staff of the residency program in social medicine at Montefiore Medical Center. Brenda attended Barnard College and received her M.D. from the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University.
Dr. Aiken has devoted her professional career to the comprehensive study of medical and health related issues of under-represented communities.
- M.D., Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
- B.A., Columbia University, Barnard College
Certifications and Licensure:
- Certified by American Board of Internal Medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Internist and Primary Care Physician for a University Health Center practice
- Preceptor in ambulatory care clinics for internal medicine residents — New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
Awards and Honors:
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- National Medical Association/Empire State Medical Association
- American College of Physicians