About Columbia Health
Columbia Health is part of the University’s Student and Administrative Services division on the Morningside Campus. Columbia Health provides integrated and accessible services and programs that support the well-being of the campus community and the personal and academic development of students.
Our team has more than 130 individuals, including medical providers, therapists, psychiatrists, disability specialists, health promotion specialists, nutritionists, peer counselors, support staff, and administrative professionals.
Led by Samuel L. Seward Jr., M.D., Associate Vice President/Medical Director, Columbia Health comprises the following programs and services for Columbia students:
- Alice! Health Promotion, directed by Michael McNeil, Ed.D., M.S., CHES, FACHA
- Counseling and Psychological Services, directed by Richard J. Eichler, Ph.D.
- Disability Services, directed by Colleen Lewis, M.S.
- Medical Services, directed by Brenda Aiken, M.D.
- Sexual Violence Response, directed by La'Shawn Rivera (interim director)
Central administration at Columbia Health comprises the following departments:
- Communications, Finance, Facilities, Information Technology, Insurance Program and Immunization Compliance.
Columbia Health is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). All Columbia Health providers are credentialed in accordance with State and Federal mandates as well as AAAHC requirements.