Frequently Asked QuestionsHIV Testing and Treatment/GHAP
New York State law requires that you receive counseling before being tested. GHAP Advocates recognize that clients have a wide array of knowledge and experience, and will tailor the session to your needs.
Currently, there is effective treatment for people living with HIV infection. A combination of antiviral drugs dramatically reduces the risk of serious illness for infected people. As treatment continues to improve, keeping up to date with the latest scientific developments becomes increasingly important.
- If your test turns out positive, Columbia Health is available to provide comprehensive care and support.
- If you are already HIV infected, contact us for treatment options.
- If you have any questions about the testing procedure, HIV, or other related issues, contact us.
- If there is an HIV-related emergency (if you strongly believe you have been exposed to HIV), please contact Medical Services.
- If there is an urgent health concern after hours, please contact the clinician-on-call.