What is Columbia Health?
Columbia Health is part of the University’s Facilities and Operations division on the Morningside Campus. Our team has more than 140 individuals, including medical providers, therapists, psychiatrists, disability specialists, health promotion specialists, nutritionists, peer counselors, support staff, and administrative professionals.
Led by Melanie Bernitz, M.D., MPH Associate Vice President/Medical Director, Columbia Health comprises the following programs and services for Columbia students:
- Alice! Health Promotion and Student Health Insurance and Immunization Compliance, directed by Michael McNeil, Ed.D.
- Counseling and Psychological Services, directed by Richard J. Eichler, Ph.D.
- Disability Services, directed by Colleen Lewis, M.S.
- Medical Services, directed by Brenda Aiken, M.D.
- Sexual Violence Response, directed by La’Shawn Rivera, M.A.
Central administration at Columbia Health includes Finance, Facilities, and Information Technology.
Mission and Vision
Columbia Health provides integrated and accessible services and programs that support the well-being of the campus community and the personal and academic development of students.
Columbia Health is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). All Columbia Health providers are credentialed in accordance with State and Federal mandates as well as AAAHC requirements.