Columbia Health and Related Services Fee
By paying the Columbia Health and Related Services Fee (HRSF), students can access the programs and services provided through our ﬁve departments. Disability accommodations, the Sexual Violence Response Rape Crisis/Anti-Violence Support Center, and most Alice! Health Promotion efforts are available to students regardless of paying the Columbia Health Fee.
It is important to note that certain services (e.g., radiology services and prescriptions) ordered by Medical Services and Counseling and Psychological Services providers are not covered by the HRSF. Students will need to provide their health insurance coverage information at the time these services are received.
Students not participating in Columbia Health may receive care through Medical Services for a fee of $95 per visit.
- As with other University fees, the Columbia Health Fee is non-refundable.
- A small portion of the HRSF supports the University Gender Based Misconduct Office (GBM), so that GBM staff may fully collaborate with CH staff in providing necessary resources and support to students who have experienced sexual assault.
- An additional small portion of the HRSF supports the university's international travel safety and security program. This helps provide risk assessments and travel advice, including emergency assistance services for students traveling abroad while studying or conducting research.
The fee is mandatory and automatically billed through the Student Account Statement to all full-time students and to those who elect enrollment in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan.
If not enrolled in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan, participation is optional. The fee is billed through the Student Account Statement when the student opts in to participate in the Columbia Health program or elects to enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan. The Columbia Health enrollment form can be submitted online or to the Columbia Health Insurance Office.
Students in Special Catergories
Spouses and registered domestic partners of Columbia students that are covered by the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan also pay the Columbia Health and Related Services Fee (HRSF). This reduced fee, billed through the Student Account Statement, provides access to Medical Services and most initiatives from Alice! Health Promotion. Spouses/domestic partners are not eligible to be seen at Counseling & Psychological Services.
In urgent situations, spouses and partners that have not paid the HRSF may receive care at Medical Services for a $95 fee per visit. Columbia Health is unable to provide services to dependent children.
Rates and Dates
Coverage dates August 15, 2016 - August 14, 2017
- Fall (Aug 15, 2016 - Dec 31, 2016): $510
- Spring/Summer (Jan. 1, 2017 - Aug. 14, 2017): $510
- Annual Fee (Aug. 15, 2016 - Aug. 14, 2016): $1,020
- Summer* (May 15, 2017 - Aug. 14, 2017): $246
*Applies to new summer students only.